Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What are good foods to eat? (adding onto my previous post about bulking and food)

***Before you read this, make sure you have read my previous post about food.

I get this question a lot so here goes. The foods that would be best to make up your diet are:


Carbs: brown rice, sweet potato, white rice, bread, bagels, pasta, etc. (avoid simple starches if you're fat or are concerned about gaining fat). Carbs will give you energy to workout, and recovery. Carbs are not evil, they are necessary for putting on mass and strength. If you want to lose weight though, or compete, they will need to be watched over however.




Protein:  Foreword: despite common belief protein is not all you need to get buff, I see countless people thinking they'll turn into Arnie taking protein supplements. You need 1gram or so for each lb of lean body mass you have. So if you're not fat, then I think you should eat a gram per each lb of your bodyweight. I'm 210, so I eat 210 grams per day generally. You need fat, carbs, vitamins, and calories. Eating shitloads of protein won't do shit if you don't meet your caloric needs.


Anyway good sources: meat (chicken, beef, etc.), eggs, milk





Veggies: all of them. eat one with every meal if possible.




Fruits: I like to eat mine in the morning. Like veggies any are fine. Variety is a good idea.



Make sure you meet your protein needs. If you want to bulk, get your protein in, and make sure you eat a shit load of calories. You will grow. Do not forget to eat your veggies and fruits/get your vitamins, staying healthy is more important than getting hyooogeee lol, and its definitely possible if not conducive to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment